Original post here on Medium.com
1. Interruptions are the enemy. Eating is an inconvenience. Having an internet connection is the worst.
2. I have never felt more intellectually stimulated and exhausted in my entire life. I finish each day feeling drained and completely rejuvenated. It gives me fuel.
3. My attention span holds longer when I work on the floor. And have ambient music playing in the background. Until I find my way back online again.
4. I forgot how much I love a good thesaurus. And how much of a nerd I am. And I love it :)
5. The thing that got me most excited this week was discovering a typewriter app on my phone. Now I write little poems before I go to bed.
6. It’s possible for something you love to feel like work. Discipline and rigor are important.
7. Reading is helpful but serves as a distraction from the story I already know I want to tell. And need to just get on with telling.
8. I understand now why writers tend to work in solitude. A little cottage out in the woods is sounding quite nice to me right now.
9. The right coffee makes all the difference. I am living off Levity Brew.
10. I don’t know if anyone else will ever read this thing (my book). But that’s not why I’m writing it. I just feel called to do it. So that’s what I’m gonna do.
Now back to work.